Sunday, July 25, 2010

I never know what's around the next corner in the Bella Coola Valley. I have been working at the Coast Mountain Lodge for two months now, and am continually surprised, delighted and sometimes frightened by my daily adventures. Upon my arrival I was excited to find that I could ride my bicycle to the local organic market, fish store, and secluded picnic areas. I then ventured out a little further, to some of the surrounding forest access roads. These old logging roads offer access deep into the forest, stunning vistas, and many opportunities to run into bears. Literally. If you plan on riding in the Bella Coola Valley get a group together or go with a local guide. It is advisable to ride during the mid day when bears are less likely to be feeding along the road, and make noise when approaching blind corners!

No comments:

Post a Comment